What to Consider for Your Wellbeing
Some people say that daily use of CBD helps them reduce mental strain and cope better with their daily stress, helping the body stay balanced. With daily use of CBD, people may help their systems run more smoothly, which in turn, could positively affect their sleep, mood, and metabolism. This Harvard Medical School Harvard Health Publishing article discusses CBD’s successful application as an anti-seizure treatment in cases of childhood epilepsy, along with more general uses for conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, inflammation, arthritis, and addiction. Since each body is different, the effects of daily CBD use will vary from person to person.
Why and How Does CBD Work?
Scientists don’t know the full gamut of this, as they are still studying the breadth of implications of the of the endogenous cannabinoid system that all humans (and animals!) possess. A quote from the National Library of Medicine states this:
The endogenous cannabinoid system—named for the plant that led to its discovery—is one of the most important physiologic systems involved in establishing and maintaining human health. Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells. With its complex actions in our immune system, nervous system, and virtually all of the body’s organs, the endocannabinoids are literally a bridge between body and mind. By understanding this system, we begin to see a mechanism that could connect brain activity and states of physical health and disease.
Your Daily Dose
If you are taking CBD every day, you may need to adjust the serving size according to your personal needs. Some people may experience the benefits when applying CBD topically for sore places on the body, as it may reduce soreness or inflammation. Others may find that CBD helps them calm down and feel less anxious about their day; and with that sense of calm, they are able to focus and think more clearly—thus, likely perform better at work or simply be more present in their everyday lives. Being more present is relatable and useful on so many levels.
Regardless of your specific reason, if you are considering trying CBD, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Since there aren’t nutritional guidelines on serving size per person that are recommended federally, consuming CBD and figuring out the right serving size for you will be a journey. It’s best to start with a lower serving and increase it gradually until you achieve your desired results.
- The time that CBD can stay in the body can vary. The effects of some products may wear off after only two to four hours, while the effects of others may be experienced during four to eight hours, depending on your dosage.
- Everyone will have different results after consuming CBD. Each person’s weight, metabolism, and the type of product they consume can all influence how you feel. While consuming too much CBD won’t get you intoxicating effects, you may feel sleepier or “extra chilled” than usual, so it’s best to be safe on your serving size—start low and build up.
- CBD isn’t a cure for what your body needs. CBD is more of a vehicle to help our bodies maintain health systemically by providing a “bridge between body and mind,” as the article cited above states. When our body gets what it needs, it can function correctly, and balance towards homeostasis.
Research continues to discover exactly how the endocannabinoid system works in the body, and the mechanisms at work to enable CBD to impact it in countless ways. Both through research and anecdotally, it appears that the benefits of taking CBD are many. If you do decide to start taking CBD daily, here are a few tips for you:
- Talk to your doctor or licensed physician if you plan on taking CBD with other medications.
- Use high-quality CBD products ONLY that come with a certificate of analysis (COA), that are Certified Organic and processed with supercritical CO2 fluid, and in a cGMP facility within the USA.
- Ensure that the products have third-party lab testing per lots.
- Start slowly with the CBD serving based on your needs.
- Ask questions to knowledgeable people in this industry about these brands or stores you are buying from.
- Research a little before you spend your money on a CBD product.
PHCO2 and the CBD Connection
PHCO2 uses a proprietary supercritical CO2 fluid extraction process to expertly extract, remediate, and purify hemp biomass all the way through to a non-detectable or full-spectrum whole plant hemp extract. (Learn more about this clean extraction process from our parent company, Phasex.) We offer a line of PHCO2 brand 100% USDA-Certified Organic ingredients—first in the industry to do so—offering broad- and full-spectrum ingredients for companies that require non-detectable or compliant THC purification. PHCO2 is GMP third-party certified for operation in compliance with 21 CFR 111 and 21 CFR 117 regulations and is known for our reputation of employing scientific, proven methodology for our superior CO2 extraction and purification process. We disclose our COA to all of our customers. PHCO2 ingredients are grown, processed, and packaged in the U.S.A.
If you are a retailer or supplier looking for superior ingredients in purity, potency, and price, and are interested in learning more, take a look at the services we offer, including biomass extraction, purification, small-scale sampling, and more. Contact us now to explore your ingredient needs.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.